Tata Motors garner a 66 percent growth in sales for April 2022
Tata Motors' passenger car division had a solid 66 percent increase in sales for the month of April 2022, with 41,587 vehicles sold compared to 25,095 units sold in the same month last year.
In April 2022, Tata Motors sold 71,467 automobiles in India, with 30,838 commercial vehicles and 41,587 passenger vehicles. 16,515 commercial vehicles and 25,095 passenger cars were sold in the previous year.
Sales of petrol and diesel-poweered cars for April 2022 increased by 60 percent, selling 39,265 units compared to 24,514 units sold the previous month. At the same time, sales of its EVs increased by 300 percent, but this is primarily due to a low base in April of last year. In April 2022, Tata Motors sold 2322 electric vehicles, compared to 581 in the same month the previous year.
Despite challenges from supply chain bottlenecks caused by the semiconductor shortage, Tata Motors continues to develop strongly. However, on a month-over-month (MoM) basis, the Indian carmaker's sales dipped by 1.66 percent in March 2022, with 42,293 units sold.
Starts Rs 6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
- Upcoming 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto specifications leaked
- Mahindra drop another teaser showing off the upcoming EVs infotainment
- More details leaked ahead of the launch of the new Maruti Suzuki Alto
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno-based SUV to make debut in 2023?
- Helmet cameras are now a punishable offence in Kerala