Tata Motors appoints Marc Llistosella as CEO and MD
Tata Motors has announced that Marc Llistosella will take over as CEO and MD of Tata Motors Ltd, effective July 1. Llistosella replaces Gunther Butschek who will relinquish his position on June 31 after a five-year stint. The change in leadership came after Butschek expressed a desire to relocate to his home country of Germany at the end of his current contract.
Llistosella has had a long association with Daimler's commercial vehicles division over the course of his career. He was based out of India between 2008 and 2014 as CEO and MD of Daimler Commercial Vehicles India. During this tenure he set up the firm's operations in India, starting from a greenfield organization to a fully-fledged business operation while launching the BharatBenz brand of commercial vehicles in 2012, a close competitor to Tata Motors' own line of such vehicles. Post this, he took up a position as head of Daimler Truck Asia in Japan, along with being president and CEO of Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation.
Currently, Llistosella serves as a board member of Einride, a Swedish firm that specializes in electric, self-driving trucks. He is also an angel investor in other ventures in the automotive sphere. A graduate from the University of Cologne, he is said to be experienced in leading business and running sales, marketing and network management as well as strategic planning.
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030