Tata and Land Rover to develop two new SUVs together
While Tata Motors has been in control of the Indian operations of Jaguar Land Rover for some time now, its cars have continued to be developed separately from the British brand. However, recently news has emerged that the board at Tata Motors has approved the development of two future Tata SUVs with help from Land Rover.
2013 Land Rover Freelander 2
So far Tata has stayed away from Land Rover and kept the two businesses independent of each other and this will be the first time they combine forces. These vehicles are expected to be five and seven seater SUVs. The main intention behind the co-development is to come up with vehicles that will attract demand for Tata in foreign markets. The platforms for these vehicles will be new and shared between the companies. There is also a possibility that the SUVs will use some form of the new 2.0-litre Ingenium engine that Jaguar has newly developed for the XE.
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh