Tata Harrier seven-seater automatic SUV spied in camouflage
A new set of spy photos have emerged which show the Tata Harrier SUV's seven-seater version, tentatively titled the Tata Buzzard, undergoing testing with an automatic gearbox. The new SUV is expected to launch sometime around the 2020 Auto Expo.
It is evident that the rear end of the 7-seater Harrier will differ quite a bit from the 5-seat version. The section aft of the B-pillar is longer and boxier, with lightly reworked tail lamps and a bump on the roof, to allow for more headspace in the third row. The Buzzard, expected to be called the Cassini in production form, is 62mm longer than the Harrier. It is also expected to sport larger alloy wheels.
The new SUV is also expected to come with the same 2.0-litre FCA-sourced Multijet diesel engine, which Tata calls Kryotec. In this case, we think the more powerful 172PS and 350Nm version will be offered, in its BSVI compliant guise. This same engine is expected to find its way to the Harrier soon after. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox in the Harrier.
We also expect the seven-seater version to come with more features, like a factory-fitted sunroof.
Image source: Rushlane
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review