Tata Harrier automatic spied in Nagpur, India - launch expected soon
A test mule of Tata Harrier has been spotted on test in Nagpur, India. A test mule of an already launched SUV you ask? We believe the test mule is in fact equipped with an automatic transmission, AMT (automated manual transmission) to be precise. A Tata Harrier with an AMT was spotted earlier, however, this test mule lets us in believing that the company will introduce the automatic variant soon enough.
The test mule was equipped with wheel-caps and not alloy wheels which could mean the company might offer the ease of an automatic in its lower trims as well.
Also, it is rumoured that the Harrier will receive a bump in its power along with BSVI compliancy. Currently, the Tata Harrier is powered by a 2.0-litre Fiat sourced diesel engine that puts out 140PS. The update is expected to take the power up to 170PS - close to the Jeep Compass territory.
When launched, the automatic variant could ask a premium of Rs 40,000-45,000 over the current prices. Currently, the Harrier ranges from Rs 12.70 up to 16.25 ex-showroom Mumbai. The Harrier rivals the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV500. The automatic variant of the Harrier will make it a stronger contender than it is right now in the segment.
Image Credit - Chaitanya Bulakh
Also see: Tata Harrier vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra XUV500 vs Jeep Compass Comparo Video
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.29 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand
- NewsConfirmed: Hero MotoCorp to offer sales and service support for Harley-Davidson in India
- NewsNew Hyundai i20 to launch in India on November 5th
- NewsRugged Ford EcoSport Active leaked before official international unveil
- FeaturesCounter to COVID - A Stylish and Luxurious Expandable Motorhome