Tata Buzzard 7-seater SUV spotted on test in India - launch expected soon
The Tata Buzzard 7-seater SUV was spotted on test in India which hints at a soon expected launch. The Buzzard was at this year's Geneva Motor Show alongside the upcoming Tata Altroz hatchback.
The styling is similar to the Harrier and the fascia has LED DRLs in the crease of the bonnet with headlamps mounted lower. The side profile has similar styling as the Harrier, however, the rear quarter is elongated. The cabin could see similar styling elements as the Harrier.
The Buzzards is based on the same Omega platform as the Harrier, however, the SUV has extended dimensions to accommodate the third row of seats. The Buzzard will be positioned above the Harrier in terms of pricing and will rival the Mahindra XUV500 as it is the only SUV in the segment to offer a three-row seating.
The engine on offer is expected to be an FCA sourced 2.0-litre diesel engine that could put out 170PS and 350 Nm of torque. Most likely, the Buzzard (7-seater Harrier) could be offered with an optional all-wheel drive drivetrain along with an optional automatic transmission.
The prices are expected to be between Rs 16-19 lakh ex-showroom India, which could then place it above the Tata Hexa.
Image Source - AutoTrends
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6 Lakhs
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2022 Hyundai Tucson review, first drive - More, for more
- Mahindra debuts two EV sub-brands, five EV concepts, launch from December 2024
- Upcoming Audi Q3 bookings commence from Rs 2 lakh
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works