Tata Altroz iTurbo is the name for the new turbo-petrol variant
In the wake of the gaining popularity of the Altroz, Tata is all set to launch the new Altroz iTurbo on January 13. iTurbo, as the name suggests, is a new turbo-petrol variant that will join the current range. The Altroz iTurbo will be powered by a 1.2-litre turbocharged inline-three-cylinder engine from the Nexon, that can be specified with a five-speed manual or a 7-speed DCT gearbox. The engine produces 110PS of power and 150Nm of torque, which isn't class-leading, but should be interesting. It will also come with City and Sport driving modes.
Leaked brochure images suggest that with the launch of the Altroz iTurbo, Tata will also take the opportunity to rearrange the features and trims levels to resonate with the feedback and needs of the market. Teasers of the new Altroz iTurbo also suggest the introduction of a new shade of blue to choose from dubbed the Marina blue (brighter than the shade seen on the Altroz EV concept or the Nexon's signature blue).
The expected prices for the Altroz iTurbo are in the range of Rs 10-12 lakh ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 5.69 Lakhs
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Production-spec Mahindra XUV700 leaked ahead of launch, interior teased