Suzuki updates the Swish 125
The Honda Activa 125 has just been launched in the 125cc scooter segment and the competition is feeling the heat with the entry of another variant of India's largest selling scooter. The competition, namely Suzuki has moved swiftly to counter the latest threat. It has bestowed its Swish 125 automatic scooter with subtle updates to take the fight to the Activa 125.
Changes are mainly cosmetic with a new instrument cluster, body graphics and new colour options
The changes are mainly cosmetic with a new body graphics and colour options to choose from. The instrument panel has also been revised to make it more appealing to the younger audience and to give it a better overall appearance. The engine is the same 124cc, single cylinder, four-stroke engine producing 8.6PS of max power and 9.8Nm of peak torque at 5500rpm. The power is delivered to the rear wheel via a CVT transmission. Suspension setup is telescopic coil spring at the front and swing arm type coil spring at the rear. Braking services are rendered by 120mm drum brakes at both the front and rear wheels. There is still no disc brake on offer. The catch though is that the Swish also comes with combined braking system unknown to many. The Swish weighs in at 110kg and has good under seat storage space amounting to 20litres.
The updated Swish 125 is available in black, white, silver, blue, and red. The Swish is priced at Rs 57,271 (on-road, Mumbai) which is lesser than the Honda Activa 125 which retails at Rs 62,276 (on-road, Mumbai) for the standard model.
Starts Rs 67,490
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years