Suzuki unveils Let's scooter and Gixxer 150cc motorcycle in India
Suzuki Motorcycles India has unveiled two new products in India. The first is a new 110cc scooter with an unusual name - 'Let's'. The scooter has a new 4-stroke single cylinder air-cooled mill which makes 8.7PS of power and 9.0Nm of torque. The transmission is a CVT. The scooter weighs just 98kg and Suzuki claims it will deliver 63kmpl. The fuel tank capacity is 5.2L. The 'Let's' is only available with a twin drum brake set up.
The new Suxuki 'Lets' 110cc scooter at the press unveil
The more interesting news is that the new motorcycle is called the Gixxer. Spy images of this motorcycle emerged only a few days back and Suzuki did a good job of keeping the machine under wraps. It has an edgy naked styling while power comes from a a 150cc air-cooled SOHC mill which is fed via carburetor. Suzuki hasn't disclosed the power and torque figures though. The Gixxer has telescopic forks in front and mono shock at rear. Braking is handled by a disc at front and drum at the rear.
With specs like this the Gixxer should go head on against the successful Yamaha FZ and Honda's CB Trigger.Suzuki plans to put the Gixxer on sale around July 2014. The bike should be priced on par with its aforementioned rivals. The Let's in the meanwhile will be launched around March-April 2014
Starts Rs 1,11,871
Starts Rs 99,200
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet