Suzuki GSX-R1000R 100th anniversary edition unveiled
This year is the most important year for Suzuki as the brand is celebrating its 100th anniversary. To commemorate this occasion, Suzuki has rolled out a special edition version of its popular supersport offering, called the GSX-R1000R 100th Anniversary Edition that will be offered in the brand's synonymous shade of blue and silver. Before you get all excited and dial your nearest Suzuki dealership, there will be only 100 units of this model.
Suzuki mentions that the design takes its inspiration from the 60s grand prix motorcycles paired with the brand's MotoGP Suzuki Ecstar GSX-RR motorcycle. The company has priced this limited edition offering at an equivalent of Rs 16 lakh, excluding the tax and import duty.
Powering the motorcycles is a close to 200PS making 999cc inline-four, which gets the entire army of electronic riding aids such as lean-angle sensitive ABS, traction control modes, launch control, autoblipper, quickshifter etc. Further, the machine boasts of Showa suspension, adjustable rear swingarm, Brembo 4-piston calipers and a lot more. The kerb weight of the motorcycle is said to be around 203kg. Just for a perspective, the Benelli Imperiale 400 BSVI, which we road tested recently, has a near-identical kerb weight.
Starts Rs 1,99,000
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year