Suzuki could bring the 150cc Burgman Street maxi-scooter at the 2020 Delhi Auto Expo
Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter is yet to meet the BSVI emission norms like its sibling, Suzuki Access. While we believe the Burgman Street 125 will meet the upcoming norms by January 2020, OVERDRIVE has also learnt that the company is working on a 150cc scooter which will first break cover as the Burgman Street 150. The new maxi-scooter is expected to make its global debut at the 2020 Auto Expo in February.
Picture of the 125 cc Suzuki Burgman Street for reference
The Burgman Street 150 will be positioned beside the newly launched BSVI Aprilia SR160. Like its motorcycles, Suzuki could also manufacture the new 150cc maxi-scooter and export it to international markets. The drive train could then be passed on to the Access and the scooter could be offered in two engine options - 125cc and a 150cc.
Currently, the Suzuki Burgman Street 125 is powered by a BSIV compliant 124cc engine which uses a carburettor for fueling. The power rating stands at 8.7PS at 7,000rpm and 10.2Nm at 5,000rpm. The higher capacity engine could take the power figure up to two digits and the carburettor could be replaced by a fuel injector. The Burgman Street with a new and a bigger engine could see a price tag between 80,000-90,000 ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 77,900
Starts Rs 64,800
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector