Steven Smidlein appointed as senior VP of Apollo Tyres North America
Apollo Tyres has officially announced the appointment of Steven Smidlein as the senior vice president for North America. Smidlein will be based out of the company's New Jersey office and will report to Neeraj Kanwar, vice chairman and managing director of Apollo Tyres. In his new role, Smidlein will be responsible for building the brand and sales for both Apollo and Vredestein in North America.
Smidlein has over three decades of experience in sales including the automotive sector. Prior to this new appointment, he was associated with a leading North American tyre manufacturer as their director of sales. Previously, he held the post of corporate director at Daimler Chrysler.
Speaking on the new appointment, Neeraj Kanwar, vice chairman and managing director, Apollo Tyres Ltd said, "With North America almost being an uncharted territory for us, Steven's 30 years of sales management and retail experience, especially in the automotive sector, will help establish both Apollo and Vredestein brands in this continent. We would be relying on his proven ability to grow market share, with a focus on delivery of aggressive sales targets."
- FeaturesWelt-Best: Get the best used cars at Das WeltAuto
- NewsPrices of the Hyundai Venue increased, hike between Rs 5,000-12,000
- NewsUpcoming BSVI Isuzu D-Max V-Cross expected to not see major price hike
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Jimny 4x4 spotted testing in India
- NewsJeep Compass 7-seater SUV spotted testing ahead of launch next year