Steven Smidlein appointed as senior VP of Apollo Tyres North America
Apollo Tyres has officially announced the appointment of Steven Smidlein as the senior vice president for North America. Smidlein will be based out of the company's New Jersey office and will report to Neeraj Kanwar, vice chairman and managing director of Apollo Tyres. In his new role, Smidlein will be responsible for building the brand and sales for both Apollo and Vredestein in North America.
Smidlein has over three decades of experience in sales including the automotive sector. Prior to this new appointment, he was associated with a leading North American tyre manufacturer as their director of sales. Previously, he held the post of corporate director at Daimler Chrysler.
Speaking on the new appointment, Neeraj Kanwar, vice chairman and managing director, Apollo Tyres Ltd said, "With North America almost being an uncharted territory for us, Steven's 30 years of sales management and retail experience, especially in the automotive sector, will help establish both Apollo and Vredestein brands in this continent. We would be relying on his proven ability to grow market share, with a focus on delivery of aggressive sales targets."
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N unveiled in India, bookings open July 30
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N launched in India, prices start from Rs 11.99 lakh
- Live updates: 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N launch, price reveal, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety