SsangYong Rexton recalled in India for rear driveshaft inspection
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd has offered proactive inspection of the rear driveshaft on all SsangYong Rexton vehicles. All these vehicles have been manufactured before September 2014. Customers will be individually contacted by Mahindra dealers, and the inspection as well as rectification of the driveshaft will be done for free. Mahindra says that if left uninspected, the rear driveshaft can cause loss of power.
SsangYong Rexton customers can visit the company's website and check if their vehicle is affected or not. A dealer we spoke to confirmed to us that it would take about 3-4 hours for inspection and replacement of the rear driveshaft.
Mahindra introduced the SsangYong brand in India a couple of years ago. This was after Mahindra acquired a stake in the Korean company. The company has since then launched only the Rexton in both manual and automatic guises. It is likely that SsangYong will bring in the Korando SUV as well as help Mahindra with its small capacity petrol engines. SsangYong will also donate the Tivoli platform for the upcoming all-new Mahindra SUV expected some time next year or in 2018. Whether the Tivoli comes down here is only a matter of time, then! After all, it was on display at the Auto Expo 2016 and will be a premium option to the Scorpio.
Starts Rs 23.84 Lakhs
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review
- NewsFacelifted Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe SUV to launch in India on November 3