Spied: Volkswagen Ameo compact sedan testing without camouflage in India
Just a day after Volkswagen revealed the name of its 'made for India' compact sedan, the first image of the car testing without camouflage has surfaced. The Volkswagen Ameo is a compact sub-4m sedan that will take on the likes of the Maruti Swift Dzire, Ford Figo Aspire, Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent and Tata Zest.
The Volkswagen Ameo in this image has a stubby boot, similar to the others in its class. From this angle and in this colour, the car looks similar to the Mahindra Verito. The car will be positioned between the Polo and the Vento. The front end, a source confirms, gets redesigned bumpers to give it a look that's different from the Polo and Vento. The Volkswagen Ameo is expected to come with LED DRLs as seen on the upcoming facelifted Vento. This will make it the only car in its category apart from the Zest to have LED DRLs. There are rear AC vents, a touchscreen infotainment system and a handle for the rear passenger to push the front co-passenger seat ahead for more room. Expect the boot space to be class leading as well.
Starts Rs 5.96 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- 2021 Force Gurkha deliveries begin across India
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate