Spied: Tata Kite 5 spotted testing in India
The Tata Kite 5 was recently caught testing on the outskirts of Pune, Maharashtra. The sub-compact sedan was revealed, in concept form, at the 2016 Auto Expo and has managed to garner a lot of interest since then. Essentially, the Kite 5 is the to-be-launched Tiago, with a boot.
While the car in the pictures is heavily camouflaged, we expect the production-spec vehicle to closely resemble the car that was shown at the expo. Based on what we saw, the Tata Kite 5's design looks striking, especially the rear, with its coupe roofline that flows smoothly to the boot. The tail lamps too are neatly integrated, giving the Kite 5 a balanced look unlike many sub-compact sedans. The front fascia, looks exactly like the Tiago, with bug-like headlamps and a piano finish, honey-comb grille. Expect the interior to resemble Tiago as well. However, Tata may play with the shades to add some distinction.
The Tata Tiago will get an 85PS 1.2-litre, three cylinder Revotron petrol motor and a 70PS 1.05-litre, three cylinder Revotorq diesel engine. The Kite 5 should also get the same engines, although with improved refinement since Tata has been working on it post the first drive of the Tiago (Zica).
We expect Tata to launch the car around the festive season this year. The Kite 5 will slot in a notch below the Tata Zest and other compact sedans.
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again