Spied: Royal Enfield Himalayan testing in Chennai
The first images of Royal Enfield's upcoming Himalayan motorcycle have been captured while the motorcycle was on test at Gummidipoondi in Chennai.
The images reveal a very large tank, possibly the largest in the Royal Enfield family. The Himalayan is reported to be an adventure tourer and the images suggest that it will be quite focused at that.
Apart from the large tank that will ensure good range, the rear cowl seems minimalistic. Royal Enfield is expected to release a wide range of touring/adventure accessories when it launches the bike and the empty space at the rear is where the panniers, saddle bags et al are expected to slot in.
According to reports,the Royal Enfield Himalayan will sport a new 410cc engine. The images also reveal the incorporation of a monoshock. Stopping power is lent by the disc brakes at the front and rear. The rear tyre also seems wider than any other Royal Enfield.
Watch this space for more on the Royal Enfield Himalayan.
Source: Motor Vikatan
Starts Rs 1,86,811
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each
- NewsNew Hyundai entry-level SUV named Bayon
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits