Spied: Maruti Ertiga facelift testing in India
The Maruti Ertiga, like many of its smaller cars, has been keeping the cash registers ringing (somewhat) for the company. Maruti didn't feel the need to refresh the car even after three years since its launch. However, growing competition from cars like the Honda Mobilio and now the upcoming Datsun Go+ have forced Maruti designers to go back to their drawing boards. Gaadiwaadi has captured photographs of the new Ertiga testing in India.
The changes in the new Ertiga gleaned from this set of photos are a new front bumper, redesigned headlamps and new alloys. Inside the cabin, the updated Maruti Ertiga is expected to have electrically retractable mirror switches and push button start in the top end trim. Maruti can also be safely expected to put in the AMT in the facelifted Ertiga as is evident from the image of the interior. Like the facelifted Swift, the new Ertiga will also get reworked engines which should deliver more kilometres to the litre.
The AMT transmission in the new Ertiga
We think the new Ertiga may just be launched in time to qualify for a nomination in the MUV category for the OVERDRIVE awards next year.
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar bookings begin in India, interiors revealed
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh