Spied: Jeep Renegade spotted testing in India
Earlier this year, Jeep showcased the Wrangler Unlimited, Grand Cherokee and the Grand Cherokee SRT at the 2016 Auto Expo. And now the American SUV brand might be contemplating bringing the portfolio starter, the Renegade SUV in India.
Avid OVERDRIVE reader Girish Harke has sent images of camouflaged test vehicles doing rounds near Fiat's plant in Ranjangaon, Pune. The Jeep Renegade sold globally is offered with four MultiAir petrol and two MultiJet II diesel engines. There is also an option of a flex-fuel EtorQ engine. The transmission options include a 5- and 6-speed manual gearbox, 6-speed dual clutch automatic and a 9-speed automatic. If and when FCA launch it in India, the Renegade will most likely skip the EtorQ motor.
Some of the premium features offered in the Jeep Renegade are 8-way powered front seats, electric panoramic sunroof, dual zone climate control, 7-inch colour TFT instrumental cluster, adaptive cruise control, 18-inch alloy wheels and six airbags.
This is not the first time that the Jeep Renegade has been spotted testing in India. Also, the popularity of SUVs in India might encourage FCA to launch it here. We expect the Jeep Renegade to be priced at sub-Rs 20 lakh price bracket where it will compete with the Mahindra XUV500 and Hyundai Creta. It was also shown in the latest 'Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice" where Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) is seen driving the Renegade.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh