Spied: Jeep Renegade spotted testing in India
Earlier this year, Jeep showcased the Wrangler Unlimited, Grand Cherokee and the Grand Cherokee SRT at the 2016 Auto Expo. And now the American SUV brand might be contemplating bringing the portfolio starter, the Renegade SUV in India.
Avid OVERDRIVE reader Girish Harke has sent images of camouflaged test vehicles doing rounds near Fiat's plant in Ranjangaon, Pune. The Jeep Renegade sold globally is offered with four MultiAir petrol and two MultiJet II diesel engines. There is also an option of a flex-fuel EtorQ engine. The transmission options include a 5- and 6-speed manual gearbox, 6-speed dual clutch automatic and a 9-speed automatic. If and when FCA launch it in India, the Renegade will most likely skip the EtorQ motor.
Some of the premium features offered in the Jeep Renegade are 8-way powered front seats, electric panoramic sunroof, dual zone climate control, 7-inch colour TFT instrumental cluster, adaptive cruise control, 18-inch alloy wheels and six airbags.
This is not the first time that the Jeep Renegade has been spotted testing in India. Also, the popularity of SUVs in India might encourage FCA to launch it here. We expect the Jeep Renegade to be priced at sub-Rs 20 lakh price bracket where it will compete with the Mahindra XUV500 and Hyundai Creta. It was also shown in the latest 'Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice" where Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) is seen driving the Renegade.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
- NewsEuro V compliant 2021 Ducati Streetfighter V4 and V4 S: Everything to know
- NewsDelhi government accelerates EV charging infrastructure plans
- NewsTwo-Wheeler Festive Offers: Gift vouchers worth Rs 6,000 on Okinawa electric scooters
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021