Spied: Jeep Compass spotted testing in India
The Jeep Compass will add to the company's premium portfolio of Grand Cherokee, SRT and the Wrangler Unlimited but will be positioned at the entry-level range. We have already reported that the Jeep Compass will be priced at Rs 25 lakh and will be launched in August next year. However, the brand has begun testing the Compass in India, and here is what the early prototypes look like.
The camouflaged test mules have only revealed the sleek headlights, fog lamp housing on the front bumper as well as the central air dam finished in the matte black plastic. The side gets squarish wheel arches. The new-generation Jeep Compass was unveiled at the recently concluded LA Motor Show.
Taking its design inspiration from the larger Grand Cherokee, the new-age Compass received a more aggressive and sculpted look. It features LED headlamps and tail lamps along with smart-looking 17-inch black alloy wheels. The top-end Trailhawk trim gets a dual-tone treatment with on-off road tyres as well as a special "Rock" mode while the Longitude trim gets 18-inch wheels.
The features and options that will be offered include an 8-inch infotainment system which also supports SatNav. It will also come equipped with safety features like ABS with ESC, dual airbags, reverse camera with sensors and electronic parking brake. In terms of powertrain, Jeep offers the 157PS/195Nm 2.0-litre flex fuel petrol and a 165PS/350Nm Multijet-II turbodiesel motor in the Compass for the Brazilian markets. A 6-speed automatic transmission will solely be offered in the Jeep Compass petrol while the Trailhawk diesel gets a 9-speed automatic.
The Jeep Compass is presently manufactured in Goiana, Pernambuco, Brazil. In India, it will be manufactured at the FCA's plant in Ranjangaon near Pune. Importantly, FCA India will be the global production hub for the brand's right-hand drive vehicles.
Image source: Carwale.com
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year