Spied: Jeep Compass spotted testing in India ahead of August launch
The India-bound Jeep Compass was spotted testing here again under camouflage. The SUV is set to go on sale in India this August and, as we told you earlier, it will come at an introductory price of Rs 16 lakh (ex-showroom). At this price, the Compass manages to undercut its closest rival, the Hyundai Tucson, by around Rs 2 lakh. However, since this is just the introductory price, we expect the prices to go up eventually. Jeep will be able to price the Compass this competitively because the brand will build the car here in India at its Ranjangaon plant with high levels of localisation.
Although these test mules have quite a bit of camouflage, we already know how the car looks since it was unveiled last September. The Jeep Compass will be introduced in India with three trims Sport, Longitude and Limited. It will be available in front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive variants, but unfortunately Jeep will not launch the Trail-Rated Trailhawk variant in India. That said, expect the Jeep Compass to be quite capable off-road nonetheless.
The Jeep Compass is expected to come with two engine options a 165PS/350Nm 2.0-litre Multijet diesel and a 1.4-litre turbocharged MultiAir petrol. The transmission options will probably include a 6-speed manual or a 9-speed automatic.
Starts Rs 16.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 22.3 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Comparison test: KTM 390 Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI vs BMW G 310 GS vs Hero Xpulse 200