Spied: Honda Mobilio snapped at production line in India
Honda India will most likely launch the Mobilio MPV in the third quarter of 2014. The car had its global premiere at the Indonesian International Motor Show which was held in September last year, with the MPV making its Indian debut at the 2014 Auto Expo earlier this year. A spy picture from a blog suggests that Honda has started manufacturing the car at its Greater Noida plant. The car snapped is the V variant in diesel guise.
The Mobilio spied on the production line could very well be the world's first diesel iteration of the MPV. The Mobilio has dimensions of 4386mmx1683mmx1603mm (LxWxH). This means that it won't be a part of the under 4-metre group that is liable for excise duty benefits in India.
It is likely that Honda may plonk the powerful 118PS 1.5-litre i-VTEC or even the 88PS 1.2-litre engine in the Mobilio petrol. The 118PS motor will be for the enthusiasts while the smaller engine will be for those looking for high fuel efficiency. The diesel powerplant will be the tried and tested 100PS 1.5l i-DTEC which claims a fuel efficiency of around 25kmpl. The petrol variant will have a choice of five-speed manual and auto transmissions while the diesel may have a five-or six-speed manual. Expect the Mobilio to be reasonably spacious with a very low loading lip for the luggage.
The Mobilio squares off against the Maruti Ertiga and Chevrolet Enjoy and we are expecting Honda to price it very competitively.
[Image Credit: theautomotiveindia.com]
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand