Spied: Face-lifted 2016 Renault Duster testing in India
The facelifted Renault Duster which is expected to be launched later this year, was seen testing in Chennai. The biggest upgrade on the Duster will be a 6-speed DCT mated to the two wheel drive diesel variant. In addition to that, the SUV will get cosmetic changes on the inside and exteriors.
As seen in the pictures, the heavily camouflaged test mule features new LED-type tail lamps similar to the face-lifted Duster launched in Brazil and also new alloy wheels. The front end is expected to get new headlamps as well as a reworked bumper and grille while the rest of the body is similar to the current model. The heavily covered interiors indicate that the inside of the new Duster could get a lot of changes.
The launch of an automatic transmission could put the Duster back in the game against its latest competitors, the Hyundai Creta and Maruti Suzuki S-Cross. Apart from the addition of a DCT, no mechanical changes are expected on the 1.6-litre petrol and the 1.5-diesel engines. Renault could also bring in the all-new 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol motor that makes 123PS and 250Nm. The company though could limit its availability to the top-of-the line AWD Duster.
Image source: indianautosblog.com
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.39 Lakhs
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Hyundai reveals new i20-based Bayon crossover SUV
- Honda Transalp could be a mid-sized Honda Africa Twin
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG A 35 4Matic sedan road test review - compact, fun and accessible AMG!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know