Spied: Eicher-Polaris Flexituff LCV testing in India
The Eicher-Polaris joint venture's new Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) was recently caught testing in India. Named the Flexituff, the images reveal a near production ready spec being tested on a highway.
The interiors reveal a spartan layout with a dashboard mounted gear lever. On the outside, there is single windscreen wiper that hints at cost cutting techniques being employed in order to price the Flexituff competitively.
The Flexituff will likely be powered by a 600cc diesel engine that promises a fuel economy of 25kmpl thereabouts. A tubular frame chassis and lightweight materials should keep the kerb weight low. The silhouette is reminiscent of Polaris'ATVs. Reports suggest that the Flexituff will be available in two variant. One is a single cab variant that will come witha loading bay to haul goods. The second is a twin cab, passenger.
Slated to launch this year, the Flexituff will be produced at the company's factory in Jaipur. Aimed at farmers and small business owners it will compete with LCVs such as the Tata Magic Iris, Piaggio Ape and Maruti Suzuki's upcoming commercial vehicle codenamed, Y9T.
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits
- NewsPorsche Taycan sets world record going sideways
- NewsIndia two-wheeler helmet market is projected to grow at a double digit rate, Sidhartha Khurana, STUDDS