Spied: Eicher-Polaris Flexituff LCV testing in India
The Eicher-Polaris joint venture's new Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) was recently caught testing in India. Named the Flexituff, the images reveal a near production ready spec being tested on a highway.
The interiors reveal a spartan layout with a dashboard mounted gear lever. On the outside, there is single windscreen wiper that hints at cost cutting techniques being employed in order to price the Flexituff competitively.
The Flexituff will likely be powered by a 600cc diesel engine that promises a fuel economy of 25kmpl thereabouts. A tubular frame chassis and lightweight materials should keep the kerb weight low. The silhouette is reminiscent of Polaris'ATVs. Reports suggest that the Flexituff will be available in two variant. One is a single cab variant that will come witha loading bay to haul goods. The second is a twin cab, passenger.
Slated to launch this year, the Flexituff will be produced at the company's factory in Jaipur. Aimed at farmers and small business owners it will compete with LCVs such as the Tata Magic Iris, Piaggio Ape and Maruti Suzuki's upcoming commercial vehicle codenamed, Y9T.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate