Spied: DC Avanti testing on the Mumbai-Pune expressway
DC Design showcased its Avanti concept, which is the first Indian designed sportscar at the Auto Expo in 2012. The car was showcased in production form again at the 2014 expo. It is also the design company's first model intended for production with cars rolling off the production line this year. Our reader Gaurang Yadav from Satara caught the Avanti testing on the Mumbai-Pune expressway.
The Avanti is DC Design's first production model
The snapped picture clearly shows India's first sports car on the road with minor camouflage on the head and tail lights, suggesting that things are on track.
The Avanti will be powered from a Ford sourced 2.0-litre, four cylinder, turbo charged engine with direct injection and Variable Valve Timing (VVT) generating maximum power of 243PS and a peak torque figure of 366Nm. The transfer of power to the wheels will be taken care of by a six-speed manual transmission with the car being electronically limited to a top speed of 250kmph. The retardation duties will be provided by 330mm ventilated discs all around. The car is based on a tubular space frame chassis and has dimensions of 4623mm, 1967mm and 1213 mm in length, width and height respectively. The Avanti will tip the scales at 1562kgs.
DC Design hope to manufacture 2000 units of the Avanti in a year with a price tag expected to be in the region of Rs 30 lakh.
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet