Spied: Chevrolet Spin MPV testing in India
Chevrolet's plans for the Indian market were rather discreet with company officials refusing to comment on any development. However recent spy shots suggest that Chevrolet does indeed have a few aces up its sleeves. The Chevrolet Spin MPV has been caught testing in India near GM's Halol plant in Gujarat.
The Chevrolet Spin is a 4.3m long MPV which has a wheelbase of 2,620mm and a 157mm ground clearance. The seven-seater has three rows of seats with seatbelts for all the occupants. GM already sells the MPV in Asia in Indonesia as well as Philippines. The familiar 1.3-litre diesel motor that makes 74PS of power and 190Nm of torque powers the Spin MPV in these countries. A more powerful 108PS 1.5-litre petrol engine can also be ordered. GM uses a five-speed manual and six-speed automatic gearboxes with this engines for the Spin.
Power windows for the first two rows, 60:40 split seats for the second row, modern music system, a fully digital instrument cluster and power adjustable mirrors are some of the key features of the Spin MPV. We believe GM will position this MPV as a personal vehicle rather than a choice of taxi like the Tavera and Enjoy. The two older MPVs, however, will not be phased out and will continue to soldier on (as taxis, mostly).
Image source: Team-bhp
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh