Spied: BMW M2 spotted testing
The hot topic in the motoring world recently has been the BMW M2. This high-performance compact coupe has been anticipated for some time now and when rumors swelled last week that BMW had given the go ahead to the project, nobody thought that company will already start testing
The car looks like an early prototype and appears to have borrowed some parts from the motorsport division M235i Racing. The car also has some parts borrowed from cars in the hallowed 'M' fold. These include certain high-performance parts like cross-drilled brakes and blue M calipers and 19-inch black wheels borrowed from the M3 and M4. The wheels are fitted with Michelin tyres.
The front fenders seem to be borrowed from the M235i
The rear fender has been bloated to incorporate the wider wheels
According to the latest rumors, underneath the hood resides a 6-cylinder, 3.0-litre turbocharged engine producing somewhere in the region of 400PS with around 550Nm of torque. The car is tipped to have inherited technology from its bigger M3 and M4 cousins such as an electronically controlled limited-slip-differential and upgraded suspension.
Also, if rumors are to be believed, BMW will officially unveil the car in late 2015, ahead of its launch in 2016.
Pictures courtesy: Autoblog
Starts Rs 83.4 Lakhs
- MG Astor interiors leaked ahead of late-2021 launch
- Yamaha India introduces the FZ 25 Monster Energy MotoGP Edition at Rs 1.36 lakh
- 2021 Tata Xpres-T EV launched in India at Rs 9.75 lakh
- First Maruti Suzuki EV to launch before 2025, priced below Rs 10 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate