Spied: 2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X
The upcoming Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X has been spotted, in production guise, at a dealer stockyard. The Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X is another iteration of the Thunderbird 500, and as the looks suggest, the 500X is the sporty avatar.
The changes that set the Thunderbird 500X apart from the regular Thunderbord 500 include a new handlebar, single piece seat, black alloy wheels and tubeless tyres. The engine is finished in matte black and so is the exhaust. The Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X also gets bright, contrasting paintwork (red, white, orange or blue) and matching rim stripes. Royal Enfield has done away with the tiny backrest in order to tidy up the rear. Also, note the new grab rail that's also finished in black. Overall the Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X looks sporty and is certainly aimed at the younger audience.
Expect the motorcycle to carry over the same engine that powers the existing Thunderbird 500. The 499cc, air-cooled, single cylinder engine that produces 27.2PS and 41.3Nm. It is mated to a five-speed gearbox. The projector headlamps, with LED DRLs, and LED tail light is similar to the existing Thunderbird.
The Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X is expected to go on sale in January 2018. Watch this space for more.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?