Spec comparo: Suzuki Gixxer 250 vs KTM 250 Duke vs Yamaha FZ 25
Suzuki Gixxer 250 debuted in the Indian market and has been placed in the quarter-litre segment where motorcycles like the KTM 250 Duke and the Yamaha FZ-25 already occupy a market share. Essentially, all the motorcycles in the case are street naked and best suited for daily commuting as well.
We pitch the newest entrant against its rivals on paper to put things in perspective about which one offers the most for your money.
Engine and drivetrain
All the motorcycles displace 250cc and have a single-cylinder layout. However, the KTM 250 Duke gets a liquid-cooled block whereas the other two get a oil-cooling system for heat management. The 250 Duke and the Gixxer 250 get a six-speed gearbox, the Yamaha FZ25 gets a five-speed gearbox.
The 250 Duke is the most powerful motorcycle in our comparo with power rating ar 30PS and 24Nm. The Suzuki Gixxer 250 sits right in between with 26.5PS and 22.6Nm while the Yamaha FZ-25 has the modest power figures at 20.9PS and 20Nm of torque.
The 250 Duke gets USD (upside down) forks in the front while the other motorcycles get a conventional telescopic forks setup for suspension/ All the motorcycles have a rear mono-shock absorber. For braking the KTM employs radial braking setup while the others have floating brake callipers. All the motorcycles in the comparo have a dual-channel ABS (anti-lock braking system).
The Yamaha FZ-25 is the most economical option in the three at Rs 1.34 lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi). The Gixxer 250 has been priced ar Rs 1.59 lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi) while the KTM 250 Duke is the dearest to its customers' ar Rs 1.97 lakh (Ex-showroom Delhi).
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE to find out which one scores the most in our real-world comparo.
Starts Rs 99,200
Starts Rs 1,33,680
Starts Rs 2,00,576
Starts Rs 1,11,871
Starts Rs 1,63,400
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year