Spec comparo: Renault Triber vs Hyundai Grand i10 Nios vs Maruti Suzuki Swift
Renault Triber, seven-seater MPV has been launched in India for the opening price of Rs 4.95 lakh ex-showroom. That puts it in the market space where the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios and the Maruti Suzuki Swift exists. As the Triber is only offered in the petrol variant, we think it will be wise to consider the petrol variants of all the three cars to put things in perspective.
The Triber gets a 1.0-litre three-cylinder engine that puts out 72PS at 6,250rpm and 96Nm of torque at 3,500rpm. However, the Grand i10 Nios and the Maruti Suzuki Swift both get a 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine. The Grand i10 Nios produces 83PS at 6,000rpm and 13.7Nm of torque at 4,000rpm. While the Swift puts out 82.9PS 6,000rpm and 113Nm at 4,200rpm.
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios
The Triber only gets a five-speed manual gearbox, however, misses out on an automatic option. Whereas the Grand i10 and the Swift both get an optional Auto Mated Transmission (AMT) gearbox for the buyers opting for an automatic.
Maruti Suzuki Swift
The Renault Triber ranges from Rs. 4.95-6.49 lakh ex-showroom, That undercuts the newly launched Hyundai Grand i10 Nios that ranges from Rs 4.99-7.13 lakh ex-showroom. Also, the Maruti Suzuki Swift ranges from Rs 5.14-7.53 lakh ex-showroom. which makes it the most expensive proposition in our comparo.
Also see: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios | First Drive Review
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.3 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch