Spec comparo: Kia Seltos vs MG Hector
The Kia Seltos compact SUV has been launched in India and the prices range between Rs 9.69-15.99 lakh ex-showroom. With this, the Seltos is positioned beside the MG Hector which ranges from Rs 12.18-16.88 lakh ex-showroom. Both are offered in petrol and diesel variant also get a choice of an automatic gearbox. However, in our comparo, we consider the diesel variant for the more practical buyers and the comparison is as follows.
As mentioned earlier, we're only considering the diesel motors on offer. The Kia gets a 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine, while the Hector gets an upper hand in displacement at 2.0-litre four-cylinder unit. The former produces 115PS while the latter produces 170PS.
The Seltos benefits from an optional six-speed automatic transmission while the Hector misses it. Both the SUVs otherwise gets a six-speed manual transmission as standard. Both the SUVs in the comparo are two-wheel-drives that means, no all-wheel-drive drivetrain is on offer what so ever.
Both the SUVs get features like sunroof, 360 camera, disc brakes on all wheels and tyre pressure monitor. However, the Seltos inches ahead by offers the UVO connect app that offers support at the time of distress.
Starts Rs 12.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.95 Lakhs
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- Mahindra XUV700 variants revealed ahead of launch
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions