Spec Comparo: Kawasaki W800 Street vs Triumph Street Twin
Kawasaki ventured in the classic motorcycle space with the launch of W800 Street in India. W800 Street is a classic motorcycle that carries retro styling. A traditional headlamp set upfront and high set handlebars in its styling are a homage to the 1966 motorcycle it succeeds. The W800 rivals the Triumph Street Twin in India as the motorcycles have a similar genre of styling and are priced closely.
W800 Street gets a 773cc parallel-twin engine that uses air-cooling for heat management, whereas the Triumph Street Twin gets a 900cc parallel-twin engine with liquid cooling. The engine in the Japanese produces 52PS at 6,500rpm while the Triumph Street Twin has a power output of 65PS at 7,500rpm. Both the motorcycles get a five-speed gearbox.
W800 Street has spoke wire wheels which add more t the classic look of the motorcycle - while the Street Twin gets alloy wheels. The front suspension duties in the Kawasaki W800 Street and the Street Twin are handled by 41mm telescopic forks. And both the bikes get dual shock absorber at the back. The front disc brake setup of the W800 Street has a 320mm rotor while the Street Twin gets a smaller 310mm disc.
The Kawasaki W800 Street is positioned higher at Rs 7.99 lakh while the Triumph Street Twin offers a little more for a lower price. The Triumph Street Twin is priced at Rs 7.45 lakh in India. (All prices ex-showroom).
Starts Rs 7,99,000
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030