Spec Comparo: BSVI Honda Activa 6G vs BSVI TVS Jupiter
Drivetrain and Engine
To follow the strict emissions norms , both the scooters have fuel injection system, replacing the carburettor in their respective predecessors. The Activa 6G and the Jupiter are powered by 109cc engines. Both the scooters are mated to an automatic (CVT) gearbox. Power figures have not been disclosed for TVS Jupiter but we are expecting it be the same as the BSIV version's power. The Activa churns 7.79PS of power at 8,000 rpm and max torque value is 9.79 Nm at 5,250 rpm.
The scooters get the telescopic suspension in the front and a mono-shock absorber in the rear. The front end the scooters gets a 12-inch alloy wheel with an optional disc brake setup. The rear end of the Activa gets a 10-inch alloy wheel with drum brake setup where as the Jupiter gets a 12 inch rear wheel. The scooters get CBS (combined braking system) as standard. The Activa 6G gets a three step setting for the rear suspension. The TVS Jupiter comes with a monoshock rear suspension.
The Activa 6G comes with loads of features such as keyless access to fuel cap and boot space. It also has a malfunction detection light to detect any problems with the engine. Both the scooters offer LED headlamps for better visibility.
Among the two, the Activa 6G is a more affordable package that starts at Rs 65,412 whereas the TVS Jupiter is dearer to its customers with an opening price of Rs 67,911 - both prices are ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 54,349
Starts Rs 64,464
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030