Spec Comparo: BSVI Honda Activa 125 vs BSVI Suzuki Access
BSVI Honda Activa 125 was the first scooter to comply with the stringent emission norms that will be regulated in India from April 2020. Soon after, Suzuki Access compliant with the BSVI norms followed. Currently, these two Japanese scooters are leading the BSVI pack in India and we compare them on paper to put things in perspective.
Engine and Drivetrain
For starters, both the scooters now employ an electronic fuel-injector for fueling as opposed to a carburettor as their respective predecessors. Both the scooters get a 125 cc engine mated to a CVT (Automatic) gearbox. The Activa 125 produces higher torque number, the Access gets an upper hand on the power rating. Access also gets a better power-to-weight ratio.
Both the scooters get the telescopic suspension in the front and a mono-shock absorber in the rear. The front end of both the scooters gets a 12-inch alloy wheel with an optional disc brake setup. The rear end gets a 10-inch alloy wheel with drum brake setup. Both the scooters get CBS (combined braking system) as standard.
The Activa gets an upper hand here with features such as distance to empty and an idling stop system to offer. The Activa also gets a dedicated switch to open fuel lid whereas the Access still gets a fuel lid opener that has to be unlocked with the key. Both the scooters now get all-LED headlamps.
The prices for the Honda Activa 125 start at Rs 67,490 and go up to Rs 74,490 ex-showroom Delhi. Whereas the Suzuki Access 125 is priced between Rs 64,800 - 69,500 ex-showroom Delhi.
Starts Rs 67,490
Starts Rs 64,800
Starts Rs 1,00,000
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Comparison test: KTM 390 Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI vs BMW G 310 GS vs Hero Xpulse 200