Skoda launches Rapid with projector headlamps in India at Rs 8.85 lakh
Skoda has officially launched the updated Rapid in India at Rs 8.85 lakh, ex-Mumbai, via their website. The changes in the Rapid, though, are limited only to the top-end Elegance trim include projector headlamps (also available in the Active Plus trim), chrome lining on steering wheel, Bluetooth-enabled security-coded music system, steering-mounted audio controls, climatronic AC, front passenger seat adjustment from the rear and storage pockets on the backrest. Unlike the updated Rapid that Skoda currently sells abroad, this one is more of a cosmetic update to take on the likes of Vento, Renault Scala and Hyundai Verna.
A Mumbai-based dealer told OVERDRIVE that though the cars have arrived at dealerships, they haven't been put up on display in the showrooms yet.
Skoda still hasn't introduced the 1.2TSI engine from the Vento and persists with a 105PS 1.6-litre petrol engine. The petrol motor is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission, while there is also an option of a 6-speed automatic. On offer also is a 105PS 1.6-litre diesel engine with the manual box.
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: MG Motor India record highest ever monthly sales
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained