Skoda Karoq SUV pre-bookings open in India for Rs 50,000
Skoda India has pre-opened the bookings for the Karoq SUV in India, wherein the interested buyer can pay a token amount of Rs 50,000 at any of the official dealerships or through the company's website. This amount is completely refundable. Skoda has confirmed that the deliveries of the Karoq SUV will commence from May 6, 2020, onward. The India-bound Karoq will be based on the Skoda's A0 IN platform which has been specifically tweaked keeping the Indian automotive industry in mind and the SUV will be the first one to debut with the same.
The occupants will experience features such as a larger touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The instrument cluster will be the similar virtual cockpit interface seen on current Skoda cars. A panoramic sunroof will also be on offer. Powering the Skoda Karoq SUV is the 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine mated to a 7-speed automatic dual-clutch transmission, delivering an impressive power output of 150PS and a peak torque output of 250 Nm.
The side profile has been kept simple except for the flared wheel arches and large wheels
Speaking of the rivals, the Skoda Karoq will be positioned beside the Jeep Compass, Honda CR-V and the Hyundai Tuscon which is also expected to receive a generation upgrade this year. The prices are expected to range from Rs 20-24 lakh ex-showroom India. We have already driven the Skoda Karoq SUV and here is our first drive review.
Starts Rs 24.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.99 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh