Simple Energy's new Tamil Nadu factory to produce 1 million electric vehicles annually
Simple Energy, a Bangalore-based electric two-wheeler company, has confirmed that it would establish its new manufacturing facility in Hosur, Tamil Nadu. The Simple One, Simple Energy's first flagship electric scooter, will be released on August 15th.
While plant construction is underway, the business expects to begin manufacturing later this year. Given the rapid expansion of the electric vehicle market, Simple Energy aims to invest over Rs 350 crores in the next two years to expand its presence across the Indian market.
The factory's first phase would cover 2 lakh square feet and have a production capability of up to one million units per year. To begin with, the firm would create at least 1000 employment opportunities and thus boosting the Make in India program.
Suhas Rajkumar, founder and CEO of Simple Energy said, "This is a huge milestone for Simple Energy. Although we aim to lead electric mobility in the country, we will now be able to cater to a larger audience faster than ever. We look forward to the launch on 15th August to embark on this remarkable initiative."
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?