Simple Energy's new Tamil Nadu factory to produce 1 million electric vehicles annually
Simple Energy, a Bangalore-based electric two-wheeler company, has confirmed that it would establish its new manufacturing facility in Hosur, Tamil Nadu. The Simple One, Simple Energy's first flagship electric scooter, will be released on August 15th.
While plant construction is underway, the business expects to begin manufacturing later this year. Given the rapid expansion of the electric vehicle market, Simple Energy aims to invest over Rs 350 crores in the next two years to expand its presence across the Indian market.
The factory's first phase would cover 2 lakh square feet and have a production capability of up to one million units per year. To begin with, the firm would create at least 1000 employment opportunities and thus boosting the Make in India program.
Suhas Rajkumar, founder and CEO of Simple Energy said, "This is a huge milestone for Simple Energy. Although we aim to lead electric mobility in the country, we will now be able to cater to a larger audience faster than ever. We look forward to the launch on 15th August to embark on this remarkable initiative."
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained