Second-generation Porsche Macan to feature four-motor electric powertrain
Porsche had confirmed in July this year that the next-generation Macan will be all-electric. Now sources close to Porsche are hinting that the said second-generation Macan will feature a four-motor electric drivetrain. Placing an electric motor is each individual wheel is the simplest, quickest and most effective all-wheel-drive solution for the electric future of automobiles and seems like the perfect fit for the next iteration of Porsche's mid-size SUV.
The four-motor configuration allows individual control through software and acceleration or deceleration can be controlled far quicker at either wheel, compared to complex differentials and traction-monitoring braking systems.
The second-generation Macan is based on Porsche's modular Premium Platform Electric (PPE) architecture that is co-developed with Audi. The Macan will incorporate the 800-volt technology and electrical system similar to the upcoming Taycan and its upcoming Cross Turismo variant. The new Macan will be built at Porsche's plant in Leipzig and will enter production in 2021.
Starts Rs 69.98 Lakhs
- NewsKia to reinvent and relaunch brand, new logo coming in early 2021
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base