Second-generation Porsche Macan to feature four-motor electric powertrain
Porsche had confirmed in July this year that the next-generation Macan will be all-electric. Now sources close to Porsche are hinting that the said second-generation Macan will feature a four-motor electric drivetrain. Placing an electric motor is each individual wheel is the simplest, quickest and most effective all-wheel-drive solution for the electric future of automobiles and seems like the perfect fit for the next iteration of Porsche's mid-size SUV.
The four-motor configuration allows individual control through software and acceleration or deceleration can be controlled far quicker at either wheel, compared to complex differentials and traction-monitoring braking systems.
The second-generation Macan is based on Porsche's modular Premium Platform Electric (PPE) architecture that is co-developed with Audi. The Macan will incorporate the 800-volt technology and electrical system similar to the upcoming Taycan and its upcoming Cross Turismo variant. The new Macan will be built at Porsche's plant in Leipzig and will enter production in 2021.
Starts Rs 69.98 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh