Second generation Duke 200 in the works - India launch expected within a year
The KTM 200 Duke is what kickstarted a fun sporty small capacity street naked motorcycle segment in India back in 2012. The motorcycle has got its share of minor updates, however, this time, Sumeet Narang, president of Probiking, Bajaj, confirmed that the 200 Duke will soon get its due updates and take it to another generation.
KTM 200 Duke that is currently on sale in India
The second-generation 200 Duke is expected to get a revised chassis and be based on the same platform as the 250 Duke. That translates to the fact that the new 200 Duke could also get a bolt-on subframe. Also, the styling could be in line with the elder Dukes such as the 790, 390 and the 250. Given the updated styling, the 200 Duke could also get larger fuel tank.
The KTM We could see similar styling bits o the next generation Duke such as the 250 Duke
Additionally, the mechanical updates could include an engine compliant with the BSVI regulations. Also, to complement the new platform, KTM could retune the suspension geometry.
However, it is unlikely that KTM will offer features such as ride-by-wire, TFT screen and supermoto ABS (Antilock Braking System) in the next India spec 200 Duke.
Although, other updates could hike the price by Rs 6,000-10,000 and the second-generation KTM 200 Duke could retail closely to Rs 1.70 lakh. Currently, the KTM 200 Duke is priced at Rs 1.60 lakh ex-showroom Mumbai and rivals against the Bajaj Pulsar NS200 and TVS Apache RTR200 4V. The motorcycle is also closely priced to the Suzuki Gixxer 250.
Starts Rs 1,72,749
Starts Rs 2,00,576
Starts Rs 2,48,075
Starts Rs 1,11,871
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector