Scoop: Volkswagen Taigun Asia-specific version to be showcased at Auto Expo 2014
We first broke the news about Volkswagen bringing in the Taigun Concept to India. A source has now confirmed that in a short while, Volkswagen will unveil the Asia-specific Taigun at the Expo. Features which point to this being an Asian version are a spare wheel on the tailgate. The Brazilian Taigun didn't have the spare wheel at the tailgate. Our source also told us that the Taigun which is being showcased will only have 2-wheel drive. The engine of the Taigun will only power the front wheels.
The Taigun was showcased in Brazil with a 3-cylinder turbo petrol engine. While we are not sure at this time, it is expected that the production version will have both modern petrol and diesel engines and in manual and automatic guise. More details coming from the Auto Expo 2014 straight your way. Stay tuned
Starts Rs 10.5 Lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old
- Next-generation Hyundai Verna spotted testing ahead of 2022 reveal
- Mahindra Bolero Neo: Neo World Order
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?