Scoop: Renault to bring in Duster 4x4 to India by July 2014
Renault has just showed off a pimped up Duster at the 2014 Auto Expo. The Duster Adventure version as it is called features smoked headlamps along with tweaked bumpers and a new grille. Renault hasn't given us a time line yet but the car is a limited edition and doesn't cost a dime more than the regular version. While the wait for the fresh Duster might be a long one we still have some reason to rejoice.
So far the Duster has only been available in front wheel drive format. While the Duster enjoyed considerable success in its first few months stiff competition from vehicles like the EcoSport and Amaze has seen sales decline. What the category has been lacking so far has been four wheel drive. Neither the Renault nor the Ford offer it. However we now have word from our sources that Renault is planning to launch the Duster with four wheel drive by middle of this year. The 4X4 Duster however will continue to be sold as the pre face-lift model. We expect Renault to price it about Rs 1 lakh more than the top end front wheel drive model. Having four wheel drive should give Renault an edge over the competition and help them reclaim some sales number.
Watch our video of the Renault Duster Adventure here
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each