Rumored 250cc Triumph motorcycle spotted testing
There is absolutely no confirmed news here but a bunch of pictures circulating on the web say otherwise. A bike that seems to take its inspiration from the 2013 Triumph Street Triple has been spied testing but with a rumored 250cc heart.
The bike in the pictures though, shows a single cylinder engine, steel tube frame, large exhaust, spectacle-like bug lamps, wide tank, one-piece seat and grab rails. The bike could be of 250cc capacity given that Triumph had unofficially revealed that they are indeed looking at a sub-500cc motorcycle . Disc brakes and IRC tyres are other elements visible in the spy photos.
Image of 2013 Street Triple used as a reference
The upcoming 250cc bike features a design theme similar to the Street Triple featured here
KTM, Honda, Hyosung, Kawasaki are already players in the sub-500 category in India and BMW-TVS also seems to have its eyes set on this segment. To bring in an entry-level bike and place it bang agains the competition could be great for Triumph, considering their expansion ideas. Triumph will also unveil its international bunch of motorcycles in India this November.
This bike could give rise to a number of sub-500 Triumphs. Components could be sourced from Thailand, while the assembly could take place at the upcoming Narsapura plant.
Starts Rs 8,84,000
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained