Royal Enfield Bullet 500 ABS launched in India at Rs 1.87 lakh
Royal Enfield has equipped the Bullet 500 with dual-channel ABS and has priced it at Rs 1.87 lakh. RE dealerships all across the country have already started accepting bookings for the Bullet 500 ABS and have confirmed deliveries by February 2019. The Chennai based motorcycle manufacturer has been steadily updating all its models with ABS which is in line with the Government's move of making two-wheelers with engines below 125cc to have CBS as standard while the one's above should have ABS by April 2019. The international-spec Royal Enfield Bullet 500 ABS was always available with ABS.
The Royal Enfield Bullet 500 ABS does not get any visual upgrade from the previous. Available in Jet Black and Forest Green, the Bullet 500 comes with an old-school design with traditional cues seen on Royal Enfield motorcycles. Its bare basic design and the iconic thump is something that have always attracted the RE purists. The single cylinder, 4 stroke, twinspark 499cc engine makes 27.2PS at 5,250rpm and generates 41.3Nm at 4,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a five-Speed constant mesh gearbox.
Importantly, Bullet, the quintessential Royal Enfield, is today the longest running motorcycle in history to be in continuous production. While most of the RE motorcycles are equipped with ABS, it is also the Classic 350, Bullet 350 and the 350 ES that have been given a miss. However, we believe, these motorcycles could get ABS in the coming months. The Royal Enfield Bullet 500 competes with the likes of UM Renegade Commando and the Renegade Mojave. Also, in the same price bracket, one can get the Mahindra Mojo XT300 and the KTM 250 Duke. Which among these would you choose? Let us know in the comments section below.
Starts Rs 1,30,764
Starts Rs 2,00,576
Starts Rs 1,49,520
Starts Rs 1,71,651
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year