Rolls-Royce Power Systems ties up with Force Motors in India
Force Motors has tied up with Rolls-Royce Power Systems in India for producing engines for railway application as well as power generation. Under this new joint venture, Force Motors will manufacture the power generation systems as well as the associated spare parts for Indian and global markets. Under the new venture, Force Motors is likely to build a new facility within its existing factory in Chakan, Pune.
The Force uses a 86PS 2.6-litre diesel engine mated to a 5-speed gearbox
Force Motors contract manufactures engines for premium manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes in India. There is also another facility that the Pune-based manufacturer has in Chennai which caters to BMW. For its own vehicles, Force Motors uses a generation-old Mercedes-Benz engines. Recently Force Motors launched a refreshed BS-IV version of the Gurkha and it comes in both 3-door as well as 5-door versions. It uses a 86PS/230Nm 2.6-litre diesel engine mated to a 5-speed manual. The Force Gurkha uses a multi-link suspension at the rear and a independent front. Force Motors doesn't offers ABS or airbags in this Gurkha even as an option. We found the Force Gurkha to be one hell of a beast off-road, perhaps the best in the country today!
Starts Rs 9.75 Lakhs
- MG Astor interiors leaked ahead of late-2021 launch
- Yamaha India introduces the FZ 25 Monster Energy MotoGP Edition at Rs 1.36 lakh
- 2021 Tata Xpres-T EV launched in India at Rs 9.75 lakh
- First Maruti Suzuki EV to launch before 2025, priced below Rs 10 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate