Ride For Safety stresses on helmet and women safety
Mumbai on December 8 witnessed dozens of motorcyclists supporting the cause of rider safety. Team Ride For Safety or RFS with the help of the Mumbai traffic police and celebrities promoted women safety, traffic awareness and insisted that those riding without helmets should get the strictest penalty.
Motorcycles irrespective of their price or displacement were part of the ride and needless to say there were many eye candies in the form of sports bikes. The traffic police officials spoke about the traffic problems as also how to help accident victims. While some riders insisted that poor road conditions and pedestrians are the cause of many a accident, most of them were of the opinion that licenses of riders or drivers should be immediately cancelled if they are caught riding/driving rashly.
Riders at the RFS 2013 in Mumbai
Speaking on this occasion, Vivek Phansalkar (JT CP (Traffic) said "It's really great to see that today youngsters like team RFS in putting up a great show for road safety and spreading awareness among fellow riders".
Actor Akshay Kumar who was also part of the ride said, "The minute anyone feels the roar of an engine between their thighs they immediately become responsible for not only their lives, but the lives of every human being."
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030