Ricky Donison to compete in 2017 Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship
Indian driver Ricky Donison has been signed by Cape Motorsports to compete in the 2017 Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship. The driver will be sponsored by JK Tyre for the entire season. Donison has become the first Indian driver to compete in USF2000 Championship.
For Donison, the big challenge will be adapting to racing single seaters. While he has been crowned national karting champion in the senior class three times, the Indian driver has limited experience racing single seaters, having only competed in the Euro JK cars (the erstwhile Formula BMW machines) in 2016.
The learning curve will have to be steep if Donison is meant to do well in the 2017 season. With testing already underway, and the first round at St Petersburg fast approaching, he has his work cut out for him.
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July