Revolt Motors' AI-based electric motorcycle gets ARAI approved 156km range - launch in June 2019
Revolt Intellicorp Pvt. Ltd. has successfully homologated their first AI-based electric motorcycle. The company, owned by Rahul Sharma, one of the co-founders of Micromax mobiles, claims that this makes its soon to be launched (and yet to be named) motorcycle the first electric motorcycle in the country to boast an ARAI certified range, which in its case is an impressive-sounding 156km.
The initial sketches of Revolt's first electric motorcycle reveal it to be sporty looking
Revolt claims its electric motorcycle has also passed the 10.2-degree gradient test, which is considered to be a crucial one. The battery has undergone tests including those for performance, cycle life, nail penetration, shock, all-weather and waterproofing. The bike will be launched across the country in June this year, with pricing expected to be in the region of Rs 1 lakh. More importantly, Revolt claims its bike will be India's first AI-enabled motorcycle and will also boast a high-level of connectivity. On the performance front, the bike will have an electronically limited top speed of 85kmph and will also offer different riding/power modes.
Speaking about the achievement, Rahul Sharma said, "When we started developing the product, we had to put together performance, form factor and aesthetics into a powerful package. We invested a lot of time testing it internally to make sure we have a winner before sending it to the ARAI. The speedy ARAI certification is a huge endorsement to our efforts over the last 2 years."
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021