Renault Kwid to be launched in India on September 24
After opening bookings of the much-awaited Renault Kwid, the company will announce prices of the hatchback on September 24, 2015.
The Renault Kwid was first showcased as a concept at last year's Auto Expo. This year Renault India gave a global premiere to the production form in Chennai. The car looks like a mini-SUV with an imposing presence for a hatchback. It will be available in four trims with the top-spec boasting an optional driver airbag, a touchscreen infotainment system, 13-inch wheels with wheel caps, front fog lamps, USB and aux input and many more.
Powering the Renault Kwid is an all-new 800cc motor that makes 54PS and 72Nm. It is mated to a new 5-speed manual gearbox. Renault claims a class leading 25.17kmpl fuel efficiency for the Kwid hatchback. While the company hasn't said anything yet, we expect them to launch the Kwid with an AMT at a later date.
For more stories from OVERDRIVE on the new Renault Kwid click on links below:
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?