Renault Kwid based micro-SUV rendered
Renault India is expected to enter the micro SUV market in India with an all-new model that'll be based on the Renault Kwid. A rendered image of Renault's new sub-4 meter SUV has been circulating on the internet, highlighting the Renault Kwid inspired design, especially from the front end. T The image has been rendered by a Brazilian graphic designer, Kleber Silva, the headlamps and grille look identical to the Kwid's, except that it appears to be larger. The bonnet is longer and flatter and the wheels are bigger. The rear end looks modern and overall the design will bring a chic, European flavour to the segment.
While details about the engine and transmission are yet to be revealed, it is rumoured that Renault will offer the SUV with a petrol motor only. Currently, the Renault Kwid is available with a 1-litre, three-cylinder petrol motor that produces about 67PS and 91Nm. The motor is paired with a five-speed manual transmission and there's the option of an AMT transmission as well. Expect Renault to offer an AMT gearbox option in its new micro-SUV as well.
The Renault micro-SUV is expected to go up against the Mahindra KUV100 and Toyota Etios Cross.
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Tata Motors experience a 38 percent rise in sales for the month of November 2021
- Bounce Infinity E1 electric scooter launched, prices start from Rs 45,099
- Upcoming Kia MPV officially named Carens, unveil on December 16
- Supreme Court allows registration of BS4 vehicles sold before April 1, 2020