Renault India to increase production of the Kwid to 10,000 units per month
Renault India has announced that it will increase production of the Kwid to cater to the increasing demand for the car. It aims to increase production to 10,000 units per month by March 2016. Sumit Sawhney, country CEO and MD of Renault India confirmed this to OVERDRIVE on the sidelines of the Duster AMT unveil at the expo.
The Renault Kwid has been an instant success for the French manufacturer. Since its launch in September 24, 2015, Renault has received over 1,00,000 bookings. Currently the company produces 6,000 units per month and plans to ramp up production in a stepped manner. It adds that it will increase production to 8,000 units per month and then to the target figure of 10,000. Currently there is a three month waiting period on the Kwid and the company hopes to reduce it once production increases.
Renault also introduced two new variants of the Kwid, one with an AMT and another with a new 1-litre engine, at the 2016 Auto Expo. With its killer pricing strategy, Renault could be staring at another long order book when these two variants go on sale this year.
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030