Registrations open for season seven of Nissan GT Academy
The seventh edition of the Nissan Playstation GT Academy is about to commence and registrations have begun already. People who want to compete in the contest that enables gamers to morph into real racecar drivers, can register online, play online and then qualify for the national finals.
So how does one go about it? Starting 19:00 hours June 2, 2015, interested gamers can log onto www.nissan.in/innovation/gt-academy to pre-register for the contest. The live events will start on June 5 in Delhi, followed by sessions in Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai. Gamers with a Sony Entertainment Network accound, a PlayStation 3 and Gran Turismo 6 can play online to qualify for the national finals.
Participants who choose to compete online will get to throw the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO around the Circuit de la Sarthe, even before the car makes its real-world debut at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Participants who plan to compete online to enter the GT Academy have till 16 June to try their luck at it.
The ten fastest competitors from the live events and from the online events will compete in the national finals in June. Six finalists will then go to the Silverstone Race Camp to compete in the GT Academy Asia, where they will be up against winners from Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and Japan. The winner of the GT Academy Asia will get to compete in the 24 Hours of Dubai in January 2016.
Starts Rs 2.12 Crore
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar prototype first drive impressions